Monday, October 15, 2007

shift

I've been here for four weeks, and I have already had three paradigm shifts-- I will talk about this later today at my critique and blog again later this week. For now, a few images of my oculus pieces.

These oculus pieces are placed on turntables. They each have this conversation with a fixed light source on the wall. This conversation is documented by the tooling marks that I have placed on the surface of the vessel. The pieces are meant to be rotated by the viewer.

The broken vessels, which I am very optimistic about, did not photograph well last night, so these images (of my oculus pieces) will have to suffice until I set up another documentation session. I've been working/living inside these vessels for a few weeks now. Realizing how I have started to position myself inside these objects was the first paradigm shift. Much like buildings, these vessels become containers for light.






.

No comments: